Palliative Care optimizes quality of life by anticipating, preventing, and treating suffering throughout chronic and life-threatening illnesses. It addresses the resident’s physical, intellectual, emotional, social, and spiritual needs.
Palliative Care Is:
- An approach to resident care that is integrated with disease-modifying therapies
- Life-affirming care that regards dying as a normal process
- Not intended to hasten or postpone death
- A support system to help families cope during the resident’s illness and their own bereavement
- A program designed to enhance the quality of a resident’s life, and therefore may also positively influence the course of illness
Crown Bay’s Palliative Care Services
A resident’s physician may recommend non-traditional therapies including:
- Light Therapy (Theragem)
- Guided Imagery
- Art Therapy
- Herbal Supplements
I'm Ready to Learn More!
508 Westline Drive, Alameda, CA 94501
P: 510-521-5765 | F: 510-521-1977